VenuWorks / Hoyt Sherman Place
Job Title: Booking and Event Coordinator
Reports to: Booking and Event Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revised: November 26, 2013
This position shall assist the Booking and Event Manager in booking, scheduling and formalizing events and arrangements; track event lessee requirements such as ground transportation, backstage catering, runners, and equipment needs; develop, manage, and coordinate the front of house patron services, to include the House Manager, volunteer ushers, housekeeping, contract security, and contract cleaning. Coordinates arrangements for theater and gallery events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collects advance backstage and front of house event production information and assures that event setups are accurate for all events.
• Communicates all event information to the appropriate departments and staff.
• Assists the Booking and Event Manager with client event planning needs.
• Consults with representatives of client group or organization to plan all details for events, meetings, receptions and other activities.
• Prepares event contracts and assures that all event folders are complete and accurate (signed contracts, deposits & certificates of insurance, etc.).
• Monitors or obtains the acquisition of necessary permits, licenses, and insurance to conduct events..
• Inspects event and room setups for conformance to needs and desires of clients, adjusts as necessary.
• Manages, trains and recruits volunteer ushers.
• Conducts the VenuWorks training program for all new volunteer staff members.
• Provides administrative support for the Development Director.
• Participates in planning and implementing special fundraising events.
• Trains in box office operations and assists with marketing efforts as required.
• Acts as House Manager and Manager on Duty, as required, for theater and gallery events.
• Performs other duties, functions and special projects as assigned.
Responsible for the overall direction and coordination of the part-time and volunteer front of house staff. Carries out supervisory duties in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be capable of working in a fast- paced environment, multi-tasking, possess the ability to work under pressure, recognize problems and find solutions while maintaining a positive attitude. The individual must also be capable of working with clients and the public and projecting a positive image of Hoyt Sherman Place and VenuWorks.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; one to two years experience and/or training in event planning operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE & MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Employee must possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret event technical riders, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, clients, customers, and the general public. Employee must also be able to understand financial documents, prepare estimates and be proficient in computer skills to include Word, Excel and Power Point presentations.
COGNITIVE SKILLS (includes but not limited to following)
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to remember previously learned material such as specifics, criteria, techniques, principles, and procedures; ability to grasp and interpret the meaning of material; ability to use learned material in new and concrete situations; ability to break down material into its component parts so that its organizational structure can be understood; ability to recognize casual relationships, discriminate between behavior mechanisms, and identify elements that are relevant to the validation of a judgment; ability to put parts together to form a new whole or proposed set of operations; ability to relate ideas and formulate hypotheses; ability to judge the value of material for a given purpose on the basis of consistency, logical accuracy, and comparison to standards; ability to appraise judgments involved in the selection of a course of action; ability to identify choices and potential outcomes, determine importance of outcomes, combine information to prioritize options and make decision based on best and most important choice.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must possess a current, valid driver's license and a working telephone with a number that can be accessed by building personnel for business contact purposes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud. Based on the event activity, the employee will be expected to work in excess of forty hours per week, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.